Unfortunately, the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON on April 5,
2020 as well as the EXPO (April 3-4, 2020) won’t take place.
This is our reaction to the general order regarding the cancelation of major events from March
12, 2020 with the aim to narrow down the spreading of the Corona virus.
Here are all the important information you might need to register for the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON.
The GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants age group 2004 and older are authorized to attend the race
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay under the time limit of 3:15 hours
- Hand cycles and race wheelchairs will be permitted on the course
Relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers are here.
- You will NOT get a clothing bag.
- On the event day, you may NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finish.
- You DO NOT get a poncho!
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
- Please find the different possibilities beneath
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You can purchase your chip during registration- it’s that easy:
- The amount will be billed together with your other fees.
- Your data will be saved in our system.
- The chip will be delivered via postal mail.
- You can use the chip for many different running events worldwide.
⇒ Price: €31
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is 6 Euros
- Return the chip within two hours after the event
Chip-rental with purchase option
- You choose chip rental during registration for the one-time rental fee of 6 Euros
- You do not return the chip but rather keep it after the event - the purchase option is triggered!
- 25 Euros (difference between the already payed rental fee and purchasing price) will automatically be billed to your provided method of payment.
There are four different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip until 3 p.m.
If you have not returned the chip by 3 p.m., the purchase option will eventuate.
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Refund of the registration fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but we are not able to refund any registration fees due to the high logistical and organisational effort.*
Race number transmission
is not possible since it is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: when you do a free medical check- up at the HALF MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against the participation of the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the registration fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person- related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
* for detailed description see general terms and condition