Here are all the important information you might need to register for the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON.
The GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants age group 2005 and older are authorized to attend the race
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay under the time limit of 3:15 hours
- Hand cycles and race wheelchairs will be permitted on the course
Relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers are here.
Runners, hand cyclists, wheelchair competitors
0 - 2,100 participants € 48 SOLD OUT 2,101 - 15,000 participants € 55 SOLD OUT 15,000 - 35,000 participants € 65
Before you start with the registration, we would like to ask you to take 2-3 minutes of time to protect your health by completing our non-binding and free health check.
Regular physical activity has a positive effect on your health. However, sport is no guarantee for a risk-free state of health. Familial risk factors, but also lifestyle-related risks are not always in direct correlation with your training condition and should be known in advance. Therefore, please be honest with yourself when answering the questions.
With the PAPS test, we want to help you become aware of your own state of health—there are no consequences for your eligibility to participate. The recommendation at the end of the test is made available to you for your personal and voluntary further use. The PAPS test does not replace a visit to the doctor and cannot provide 100% certainty of an existing or emerging risk. The collected, non-personalized data will not be handed over to the organiser. The data may be used in anonymised and encrypted form for scientific purposes by the Medical Board of SCC EVENTS.
During an event, we and various institutions such as the police, fire brigade or medical aid organisations often receive search requests for the whereabouts of missing runners and skaters. In order to be able to answer these as quickly as possible and in compliance with data protection laws, we ask you to list one or two contact persons here, to whom we may provide information should they request info as to whether you are undergoing medical treatment in a hospital.
We require the surname, first name and telephone number of the contact persons.
Please understand that in case of inquiries – whether by telephone or at the information points in the finish area – we are only allowed to give information to the persons you have personally authorized with your registration.
The registration of an emergency contact is voluntary.
Your GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON package
This package is only available for participants!
- 20 min massage (at the HALF MARATHON EXPO only available with this package)
- 1 adidas Event-Shirt (This product is provided by adidas. In case of an order, adidas is the contractual partner.)
- 1 medal engraving
Please note that this massage is only available on the days of the HALF MARATHON EXPO August 20 and 21, 2021 and only bookable with this package. On the day of the event there will be massages (free of charge) for all participants in the finish area.
Medal engraving with your GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON finishing time
Pre-order the medal-engraving and have your your personal finisher time engraved in your medal in the fnish area - hassle-free with no need for cash.
Your carbo-boost – the Pastalounge
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a Pastalounge this year as part of the EXPO for the GENERLI BERLINER HALF MARATHON. Further information on the cancellation of the Pastalounge 2021 can be found here >>.
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by "Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland. It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here:
Insured events are e.g.:
Unexpected and serious illness.
Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee.
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
You must report each and every insured loss without delay. (telephone number in the event of damage: + 49 89 55 987 8387)
You must submit the requested documentation inclusive the confirmation of the cancellation.
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.
Your adidas Event-Shirt
Secure your 2021 GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON adidas event shirt already with your registration (based on the 2020 shirt Design, as long as stock lasts). The shirt is a great memory for the event and made out of 100% recycled materials. Material: 100% rec. polyester
This product is provided by adidas. In case of an order, adidas is the contractual partner.
- You will get all your pre-ordered products on the HALF MARATHON EXPO as well as your race materials.
- adidas size chart Download
Not enough for you? Find the complete collection at the HALF MARATHON EXPO
Sunday, August 22, 2021
- 08:25 a.m.: Inline skating
- 08:50 a.m.: wheelchair and handcyclist competitors
- from 09:00 a.m.: Runners (three starting waves)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit 3:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the broom waggon to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat until the finish time will receive an official result and a medal, refreshment, massage and as the case may be the poncho.
- The schedule and running course are subject to change.
- The race will take place regardless of the weather, unless a weather warning form the German Weather Service exists.
*Subject to change
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the HALF MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race kit
- will be sent by email 7-10 days before the event (please check your spam/junk folder).
Your race kit
You get your race kit:
- ONLY on the 2021 HALF MARATHON EXPO
Friday, August 20, 2021, 09:00 a.m. - 09:00 p.m.*
Saturday, August 21, 2021, 08:00 a.m. - 07:00 p.m.*
- former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race kit consists of:
- a bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband – we put it on your wrist at the HALF MARATHON EXPO. It is your ticket to the start area – do NOT remove it before leaving the finish area.
- a rental chip, if ordered (if you have your own chip, please bring that to the pick-up)
- a clothing bag, if you ordered the clothing drop-off
- a voucher for the poncho on your bib number, if you ordered the poncho-option
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- a voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered merchandise from the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON collection
If you have pre-ordered a massage with the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON package, you will receive an email with further information on how to reserve your preferred time slot around ten days prior to the event.
*subject to alteration
Your bib number is your ticket to the start and back home after the finish line.
We bear the BVG costs (Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe) on the event day so you have a hassle-free and uncomplicated way to the start and after the exhausting race back to wherever you want to go.
- When: only on the race day from 6:00 a.m. until 10.30 p.m. (zone A and B).
How: Bibs must be worn on the chest so that your number is clearly visible. They may not be altered in any way.
- You will NOT get a clothing bag.
- On the event day, you may NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finish.
- You DO NOT get a poncho!
Please find all information regarding the course here.
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Master category (1992-2002)
- Senior category (1991 and older)
- Junior category (2002-2005)
There is an additional segmentation within the categories:
- Separate rating: Men/Women (Categories accoring to LAO)
- Separate rating: wheelchair athletes/ hand cyclists
- There isn't a separate power-walker event. Of course, you can still walk, but your time will be rated as a runner’s.
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
- Please find the different possibilities beneath
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is 6 Euros
- Return the chip within two hours after the event
There are four different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip until 3 p.m.
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Refund of the registration fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but we are not able to refund any registration fees due to the high logistical and organisational effort.*
Race number transmission
is not possible since it is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: when you do a free medical check- up at the HALF MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against the participation of the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the registration fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person- related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
* for detailed description see general terms and condition