Wheelchair competitors and Handbikers
Please find more information about the registration for the GENERALI HALF MARATHON here.
Regardless of the type of disablement, the participation is only possible when the participant is able to finish the race oneneself.
Auxiliary drives of any kind are not allowed
Kneeling bikes are not allowed in the race
- T 1 Quadriplegic Tetraplegia C5/C6: No functionality of the legs, trunk or fingers; no ability to straighten the elbows
- T 2 Quadriplegic Tetraplegia C6/C7: No functionality of the legs or trunk; limited hand functionality; arms and shoulders fully functional
- T 3/4 Quadriplegic Paraplegia and other disabilities (e.g. amputations): Full arm and hand functionality; limited to full trunk functionality; some impaired leg functionality.
- H1–H4 Recumbent hand cycle or adaptive bike / H1 Tetraplegia C6 and higher:Limited functionality of the arms and hands; severe limitations to straightening the elbows; limited temperature regulation
- H2 Tetraplegia C7/C8: Limited functionality of the arms and hands; limited temperature regulation
- H3 Paraplegia up to TH10: Limited trunk stability
- H4 Paraplegia from TH11 to L4, leg amputations : Limited or no lower leg functionality; double upper leg amputations; normal or almost normal trunk stability
Wearing a safety helmet is mandatory. NO start without a helmet!
- The start will be lined up at 8:25 a.m.. Late arrivals will be lined up at the back!
- Failure to follow the instructions at the start may result in the participant being excluded. Starting line up below!
- 9:55 a.m. for wheelchair and handbiker
Subject to alteration
- Access for wheelchair users and hand cyclists as well as the security check will be carried out via the northern pedestrian path of Strasse des 17. Juni.
- Access via Strasse des 17. Juni is not possible
- For warm-up, Strasse des 17. Juni can be used within the secured starting area
If you are coming by public transport, please use subway line U6 to Paradestrasse, as this is the only station nearby with an elevator. The entrance is through Gate 11 (Tempelhofer Damm).
If you come by car, please drive to Gate 11 (Tempelhofer Damm). There we have a separate parking lot for you (official parking permit required).
There will be a separate lead car for the wheelchair and hand bikers. Any danger points along the course are marked with a yellow flag. There are tram tracks at km 8, so please drive carefully and heed the yellow flags.
A limited number of car parking spaces (only with an official special parking permit) is available the Altonaer Str. (in the driving direction from the Grosser Stern roundabout to Hansaplatz). Wheelchair and hand cycle accessible toilets are available in this area as well. Further parking spaces, if necessary, are in Fasanenstrasse, near the Charlottenburg Gate.
- All participants will be registered and times will be kept using the ChampionChip.
- We recommend that you use the specially protected Bike-ChampionsChip. Do not use the yellow runner chip. mika timing will replace your yellow chip for a special chip at no cost.
- Attach the chip as near as possible to the axe of the front wheel.
- The chip may not have any direct contact with metal. Take care that is no metal between the chip and the street!
- For wheelchair and hand bikers, the finish has two 4m-wide gates
- Time keeping takes place when you cross the ChampionChip mat at the finish
- Approximately 200 m after the finish (after medals and warming blankets) at the intersection Strasse des 17. Juni / Yitzhak-Rabin-Str. go straight to the Meeting Point
- At the finish together with runners. Please do not make an end spurt! You endanger others and yourself.
- Please, leave the finish area quickly, the runners are coming.
Award Ceromony and ranking
There will be an award ceremony for the first three women and men (wheelchair and recumbents) in a timely manner after the finish across from the grandstands. Volunteers will guide you after the finish line.