The start is located between Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern".
Not a good idea, since there is no parking space available for this event. We kindly ask you to come with public transportation.
By public transportation
Nearest stops of public transportation:
- Underground: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (U55)
- S-Bahn: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (S3, S5, S7, S9)
- Regional trains: Berlin Hauptbahnhof (IRE , RB1, RB10, RB14, RB21, RB22, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE7), approx.10 minutes walking
- The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area.
- The start area will open at 07:30 a.m. and the starting block will open at 08:00 a.m.
- You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Saturday, August 21, 2021
- 11:00 a.m.: 500 m and 1.000 m Bambinilauf (registration at the HALF MARATHON EXPO)
- 01:30 p.m.: Kids Skating (6 -13 years)
Sunday, August 22, 2021
- 08:25 a.m.: Inlineskating Half Marathon (Please note seperate registration!)
- 08:50 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors, Handbiker
- from 09:00 a.m.: Runners (in four waves)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit 3:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the broom waggon to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat until the finish time will receive an official result and a medal, refreshment, massage and as the case may be the poncho.
- The schedule and running course are subject to change.
- The race will take place regardless of the weather, unless a weather warning form the German Weather Service exists.
The existing hygiene and distance rules will be adapted according to the legal requirements.
- The starting blocks are organised by your best time (related to half or marathon times), as you stated on your registration.
- If this is your first half marathon race, you will start in the last block (Block F).
- All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest when you provide your race times on your registration, and enter the correct block on race day!
Start from 10:05 a.m.
- Block A: < 1:27:00 hours*
- Block B: 1:27:01 - 1:39:00 hours*
- Block C: 1:39:01 - 1:49:00 hours*
Start from 10:22 a.m.
- Block D: 1:49:01 - 1:59:00 hours*
Start from10:32 a.m.
- Block E: 1:59:01 - 2:14:00 hours*
Start from 10:42 a.m.
- Block F: 2:14:01 hours* or first Half Marathon
* stated time on your registration.
* subject of alteration
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the event ground:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Every year we receive messages from sad runners who can’t find their time in the results. That’s not on behalf of us nor in the runners‘ interest.
For this reason:
- Wear the chip at the foot (shoelace) or at the ankle (tape)
- Do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t register when you step over the finish line (not in pockets or as a necklace)
- The chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
- To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on the bib with the numer on the chip.
Please contact the support team if the numbers are not identical!
Decide if and by whom you would like to be tracked along the course.
You have three options:
- “Public”– Anyone can follow you via the results page – simple and uncomplicated!
- “Code” – You decide who can track you during the race. You will receive a code that you can share with your supporters so they can see where you are at all times.
- “Private” – You do not want to be tracked.
On the course, there are many refreshment stations but feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage. Approved is the following equipment:
- Hydration back or vest
- Back compartment with max 3 liers volume for hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 liters each)
- front pockets for small items (cell phone, kexs, etc.)
- Drinking belt
- Compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 liters each)
- Compartments for small materials (cell phone, keys, etc.)
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 liters are not allowed.
Please note that there will be bag searches at the entrance.
We want to support you on your way to your personal target time. Therfore we allocated pacemaker within the
four starting waves, they carry a Pacer flag with the associated target time.
- In wave 1 the pacers are for 1:25, 1:35, 1:45 hours
- In wave 2 they are for 1:45, 2:00 hours
- In wave 3 they are for 1:45, 2:00, 2:15 hours
- In wave 4 they are for 2:00, 2:15 hours
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at each supplie point.
We would like to ask that you not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other runners or volunteers might say to you. You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.