Unfortunately, the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON on April 5,
2020 as well as the EXPO (April 3-4, 2020) won’t take place.
This is our reaction to the general order regarding the cancelation of major events from March
12, 2020 with the aim to narrow down the spreading of the Corona virus.
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the event ground:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Every year we receive messages from sad runners who can’t find their time in the results. That’s not on behalf of us nor in the runners‘ interest.
For this reason:
- Wear the chip at the foot (shoelace) or at the ankle (tape)
- Do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t register when you step over the finish line (not in pockets or as a necklace)
- The chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
- To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on the bib with the numer on the chip.
Please contact the support team if the numbers are not identical!
Decide if and by whom you would like to be tracked along the course.
You have three options:
- “Public”– Anyone can follow you via the results page – simple and uncomplicated!
- “Code” – You decide who can track you during the race. You will receive a code that you can share with your supporters so they can see where you are at all times.
- “Private” – You do not want to be tracked.
On the course are many refreshment stations but feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage.
- You are only allowed to bring a hydration pack with max. 2 liters in the start area
- You are only allowed to carry beverages in the hydration pack, we will do bag checks at the entrances
We would like to ask that you not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other runners or volunteers might say to you. You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.