The start is located at Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and Victory Column.
Not a good idea, since there is no parking space available for this event. We kindly ask you to come by public transportation.
By public transportation
Great idea, since your bib number is also your ticket for public transportation (zone AB) on the event day.
Nearest stops of public transportation:
- Underground: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (U55)
- S-Bahn: S+U Berlin Hauptbahnhof (S3, S5, S7, S9)
- Regional trains: Berlin Hauptbahnhof (IRE , RB1, RB10, RB14, RB21, RB22, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE7), approx.10 minutes walking
- The start/finish area is only accessible for participants. For security reasons, only participants with official race number and the athlethes wristband can enter the start area.
- The start area will open at 06:30 a.m. and the starting block will open at 07:00 a.m.*
- We recommend to choose the entrance nearest to the location of your clothing drop-off.
- You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Pets and bicycles are not allowed in the start/finish area.
* Subject to change
Sunday, April 3, 2022
- 09:30 a.m.: Inlineskating
- 09:55 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors, Handbiker
- from 10:05 a.m.: Runners (in four waves)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit of 3:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the "broom waggon" to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat until the finish time will receive an official result and a medal, refreshment, massage and if applicable the poncho in the finish area.
- The schedule and running course are subject to change.
- The race will take place regardless of the weather, unless a weather warning form the German Weather Service exists.
- The starting blocks are organised by your best time for a half marathon, which you stated in your registration.
- If this is your first half marathon race, you will start in the last block (Block F).
- All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest when you provide your race times on your registration, and enter the correct block on race day!
Start from 10:05 a.m.
- Block A: < 1:27:00 hours*
- Block B: 1:27:01 - 1:39:00 hours*
- Block C: 1:39:01 - 1:49:00 hours*
Start from 10:25 a.m.
- Block D: 1:49:01 - 1:59:00 hours*
Start from10:45 a.m.
- Block E: 1:59:01 - 2:14:00 hours*
Start from 11:05 a.m.
- Block F: 2:14:01 hours* or first Half Marathon
* best time stated with your registration
* starting times are subject to change
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the event site:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Every year we receive messages from sad participants who can’t find their time in the result list. That’s neither in our nor in the runners‘ interest.
Therefore we recommend:
- to wear the chip at the foot (shoelace) or at the ankle (tape)
- do not wear it above the calf (not in pockets or as a necklace), the chip won’t register when you step over the timing mat
- the chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
- to avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on your bib with the number on the chip.
Please contact the support team on site if the numbers are not identical!
On the course, there are many refreshment stations but feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage. Approved is the following equipment:
- Hydration pack or vest
- Pack compartment with max 3 liters volume for hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 liters each)
- front pockets for small items (cell phone, kexs, etc.)
- Drinking belt
- Compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 liters each)
- Compartments for small materials (cell phone, keys, etc.)
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 liters are not allowed.
Please note that there will be bag searches at the entrance.
We want to support you on your way to your personal target time. Therfore pacemaker are allocated within the
four starting waves. They carry a Pacer flag with the associated target time.
- In wave 1 the pacers are for 1:25, 1:35, 1:45 hours
- In wave 2 they are for 1:45, 2:00 hours
- In wave 3 they are for 1:45, 2:00, 2:15 hours
- In wave 4 they are for 2:00, 2:15 hours
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at each supplie point on the course.
We would like to ask that you not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything other runners or volunteers might say to you.
You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.